Friday, August 12, 2011
Insert witty title here...
Ok I'm not feeling very creative today. As Tim would say, I've been a busy skank today: I used my Khols cash to get a top for Jen & Andy's wedding tomorrow, got them their gift for their wedding, got my nails did (for my wedding shower on Saturday), and went food shopping.
When I got home, I decided we were going to have chili for dinner tonite (recipe posted below). So I made chili. Delicious chili, but healthy. Then I sat outside in the sun for a bit. :D
Whew I'm a tired skank now... So next on the agenda is to shower.
As promised, here is my recipe:
Ang's Chili
- 1 beer
- 3 cans of beans (I used light red and red kidney beans and black beans)
- half of an onion (or more if you like), chopped
- red pepper, chopped
- green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 lb of pre-cooked beef or turkey
- half of a zucchini, chopped
- tomato paste to thicken as needed
- seasonings to taste: chili powder, garlic, a few bay leaves (take out after about an hour), ground cayenne powder (use this sparingly, makes it really hot), and some crushed red peppers (also makes it really hot)
Brown the meat in a pan while preparing the rest of the ingredients, throw everything in a crock pot and sir occasionally. Cooks in about 4 hours. Cook on low overnight for more added flavor.
Ok I think that is all for today,
Ta ta for now!
Ang :D
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Post a Comment